Reset Windows won't see Keyboard or Mouse

johnjayr

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
my mouse and keyboard work fine untill i try to do a reset in Windows 10. When i finally get to the new blue set up screen, neither works so i can't choose language, etc.
I've tried doing just the reset without wiping everything, or wiping everything. Also tried various USB ports on the PC before rebooting to reset. The only solution to get it back was to turn off the computer. Then, of course, that negates the reset (but i get my mouse and keyboard back.
All the drivers are updated, the Win 10 Pro is updated.
It's running 64bit. I have an HP p6823W. AMD Phenom processor 3.5 ghz and 12GB of memory.

I've tried all the links that come up, but none really addresses the problem here. I'm worried about using a USB drive to boot a new Win 10, because if the same thing happens with the USB keyboard and mouse, I may not be able to get back into the computer at all.

help, please

johnjayr

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

unfortunately, there is no PS2 connector on the PC; only USB connectors. This is weird. I see that lots of folks have had this problem for years, there must be a better solution. Of course, this is a MS product, so perhaps not.