SteelSeries Merc Stealth on Windows 10 1709, 1803 Broken keypad

Jun 12, 2018
Hey. Please help me. I really love the keyboard Merc Stealth, but the second update of Windows 10 (1709 and 1803) it does not work correctly. Or rather does not work keypad (the left block of keys). I tried everything I found on the Internet, but nothing works. Replacing the Alpham164.sys driver with the renamed Merc164 or TheHive does not solve the problem. Keypad uses only basic values, even though the keyboard icon lights green. I apologize for Google translator. Bad English.

Solution
I wish hardware makers would support hardware as long as it works, not for as long as they want to. There are lots of examples of hardware that would work if there were drivers for it. Wifi cards come to mind, many worked fine until Windows started enforcing driver signatures in the last 2 builds of windows 10.

I have a Steelseries Sensei mouse from about same time as you and I can't run the Steelseries engine anymore as the newer version doesn't recognise my mouse. I also have a Steelseries Suberia headset that does work with new software but I can't use it because of the mouse problem. Mouse works fine without software but the headset won't. I had no choice but to choose Mouse over headset.

I don't have a solution for you, apart...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wish hardware makers would support hardware as long as it works, not for as long as they want to. There are lots of examples of hardware that would work if there were drivers for it. Wifi cards come to mind, many worked fine until Windows started enforcing driver signatures in the last 2 builds of windows 10.

I have a Steelseries Sensei mouse from about same time as you and I can't run the Steelseries engine anymore as the newer version doesn't recognise my mouse. I also have a Steelseries Suberia headset that does work with new software but I can't use it because of the mouse problem. Mouse works fine without software but the headset won't. I had no choice but to choose Mouse over headset.

I don't have a solution for you, apart from buy a new KB. I realise this isn't the ideal solution though.

Solution