Logitech Announces G512 Keyboard With Clicky GX Blue Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrakazog

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Good job even spotting the media markings on the front-side of those keys. I could barely see them...lol. But yeah, I wouldn't call those "dedicated" media keys at all. A nice looking keyboard, though. If it actually had dedicated media keys, I would be more interested. As it is, I still like my G510 with it's media keys and LCD screen for Afterburner.

Yep. Dedicated media keys are pretty nice to have. Should be the norm on all newer keyboards these days.

Jun 25, 2018
"It's not clear why the company opted to call its clicky switches 'GX Blue' instead of including them in the Romer-G brand."

That's because the GX Blue is unmistakably using a Kailh/Kaihua switch housing, so like any big brand keyboard manufacturer, they'll do anything to hide the fact that its a Cherry MX clone despite how obvious it is from the cross stem mount, the travel and actuation distance specs, and exploded parts view they provide in their marketing pictures. Why Logitech has chosen to use an MX-type RGB clicky clone over collaborating with their original partner Omron for a clicky Romer-G design is beyond baffling for me. Kailh isn't a bad manufacturer by any means, especially when they make versions of switches that nobody else, not even Cherry, bothers to make (like Clicky and Tactile speed switches, or the innovative Box line of switches), but the GX switch pretty much uses the exact same internals as an standard MX clone design. I can only despair that Logitech cheaped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.