Slow internet on only one computer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2015
After browsing the web for any possible answer and trying so many different options to solve this, nothing has happened.
I know that it is nothing to do with my router/modem as various devices around the house are connected over WiFi and Lan and all pull around 36mb/s.
I have tested my computer using speedtest by ookla. I also tested while no other devices were connected.
I have scanned my device for malware using Sophos and Malwarebytes and no threats were returned.
My computer is connected to my router using a powerline adapter which has been perfectly fine and has previously pulled up to 38mb/s.
My computer:
Runs windows 10 (fully updated)
Uses a powerline adapter
Has A Killer Ethernet Adapter as well as an Intel Ethernet Adapter (this is the one I am currently using)
I can't think of anything else you need to know but any questions I will try and answer ASAP.
If anyone has any ideas any help will be much appreciated.
Perhaps I could use the Window's 'Fresh Start' option but I will see what you all say first.
Thank you!

Have you checked Device Manager to be sure you don't have an incorrect driver? Have you checked Task Manager to see if something is inordinately busy? I recently had performance problems on my laptop that turned out to be a Superfetch problem. I ended up disabling Superfetch and the problem went away. YMMV.

Oct 23, 2015
I have checked Device manager and the only two Network Adapters on there are the ones I mentioned - The Intel one and The Killer one. I've updated both drivers to the most recent windows can find.
On task manager the network section is being used almost always at 0% but does go up to around 5% but clearly there is not a program hogging the bandwidth.
Not really sure what else to do but thank you for your ideas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.