BSOD : ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

Jun 12, 2018
hello everywhere , i'm having a BSOD cause by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe , so here is the story how did i end up here , in the last few months i've had from 2-6 BSOD of death cause by video schedular internal error and system thread exception not handled and later on it turned into pc crashing with buzzing sound and after the crash with few secs the fan start speeding as explained here :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-freezing/5ce0ffa1-978d-457a-9c41-5267cbba63ec?messageId=66121384-384a-451b-8c46-3bfa4bc8b389 (i wrote this post ) so as i explain there the issue isn't solve, so i tried to fresh reinstall windows with all the update and drivers related to my laptop, and i ended up with having the bsod first and then moving to freezing(crash i don't know what to call it anymore) again this happened in less than 48hours :'( , so right now i've rerunned sfc /scannow and dism and no issue was reported or anyhting , i've done gpu /cpu /ram stess test and i didn't have any issue reported so.Also tried /verifier and ended in endless loop untill i used safe mode after few searches i ended up with using whocrash to check the issue and here is the report :

Computer name: DESKTOP-019HJ7Q
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: X550VX, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17067773952 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 12/06/2018 19:12:25 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061218-28390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x197680)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0xFFFFF480878078E0, 0xFFFFD788504A3C10)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/06/2018 19:12:25 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!MmBuildMdlForNonPagedPool+0x3777)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0xFFFFF480878078E0, 0xFFFFD788504A3C10)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

so also in my search for solution i found some people posting their minidump files ; so here are mine http://www.mediafire.com/file/2vnjrqjqsbc8z6a/minidumpfiles.rar/file
so i hope there is a solution

Solution
you might also consider doing a Malwarebytes scan
and running cmd.exe or powershell as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /clean-image /restorehealth

this will scan your core windows files and repair them using a known good source (windows update server) I mention this because of the stack corruption from the verifier memory dump.

it can be the driver (intels driver) or malware that caused the problem. be sure to check the asus website for bios and driver updates. this particular driver might need to match your bios version.
looks like there is a 302 bios version that came out 6/15/2017 https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X550VX/HelpDesk_BIOS/

you might also look at the other drivers for (old audio drivers cause screwy...
Typically, that specific error is associated with the GPU. The only times I've seen this error are due to a driver problem (happens from time to time), or a physical failure of the GPU.

I'm sure one of our regulars will look at the minidumps sooner rather then later, but my guess based on the description is there's a GPU/driver problem. Try an older GPU driver. If the issue persists, try using a different GPU (if you have one) and see if the problem goes away.

Jun 12, 2018
hello again, after i posted this, i used DDU to uninstall both drivers (intel/nvidia) as i have a laptop , and reinstalled them properly in safe mode... , well as i seen in your suggestions i can't use another GPU as this is a laptop so i tried to desactivate once intel cards and run only with the nvidia card and the result was a crash again(i can roll back to the old driver as i have reinstalled a clean with and removed all previous pilots of the nvidia card), so i tried to others idea to turn off the nvidia card and run with the intel hd only and the result was like 8 hours working(gaming/browsing ) without a crash. so i think right now i have to wait for a new nvidia driver .
so to make it clear i tried to turn off one card and run with the others before i use DDU and reinstall the driver , with the intel off i had a crash , but with the nvidia off and intel on i had a blue screen related to igdkmd64.sys(intel drivers).
so finally the best solution right now is to wait for the next nvidia driver?
and thanks .

you might also consider doing a Malwarebytes scan
and running cmd.exe or powershell as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /clean-image /restorehealth

this will scan your core windows files and repair them using a known good source (windows update server) I mention this because of the stack corruption from the verifier memory dump.

it can be the driver (intels driver) or malware that caused the problem. be sure to check the asus website for bios and driver updates. this particular driver might need to match your bios version.
looks like there is a 302 bios version that came out 6/15/2017 https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X550VX/HelpDesk_BIOS/

you might also look at the other drivers for (old audio drivers cause screwy problems with video)updates:https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X550VX/HelpDesk_Download/
looks like asus did not update the audio driver: you might want to go here and get the update directly from the chip vendor:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
(the old version messed with the graphic driver sound support and would crash graphic drivers)

---------------
from your video error from the post text:
error returned was
1: kd> !error 0xC000009A
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009a (3221225626) - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

-----------
looking at the first bugcheck it was in
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dptf_cpu.sys Fri Oct 23 12:24:21 2015
and verifier caught some problem with it.
the stack looks bad. this is a intel thermal management driver. I would go to your motherboard vendors website and look for a update or go to intels website and install a update:
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dptf_cpu.sys

note: you will need to turn off verifier after you finish testing. ie start cmd.exe or powershell as an admin then run
verifier.exe /reset

this will clear all of the verifier testing.

----------
second bugcheck was the graphic system failing because it was returned a error
0xc000009a Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

I would make sure I had plenty free space on the drive and that the virtual memory settings allow the pagefile.sys to expand. (make sure your pagefile is large enough)

machine info:
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name X550VX
Version 1.0
BIOS Version X550VX.301
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 11/16/2016
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 8300MHz
Current Speed 2200MHz