Dual win 10 one pc

Jun 12, 2018
I have a low end Intel with win 10 and a tb hdd, and a ryzen 1600 mid tier with a tb hdd and an ssd with win ten. I would like to combine the two systems into my ryzen build and trash the lower end Intel. I dont want to lose her programs or files and deal with the hassle of of importing. It would also be nice to run the system as a dual os to keep all my gaming stuff completely separate. Is this possible?

Solution
Backup the important files (though should also be done anyway) and full wipe and reinstall. Operating system installs aren't things you just plug-and-play, especially on drastically different hardware. It may work, it may fail miserably, or it may install and then you have obnoxious problems forever.

Do it right the first time and make a proper, fresh install. Then use a profile if you want to keep game stuff seaprate.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Backup the important files (though should also be done anyway) and full wipe and reinstall. Operating system installs aren't things you just plug-and-play, especially on drastically different hardware. It may work, it may fail miserably, or it may install and then you have obnoxious problems forever.

Do it right the first time and make a proper, fresh install. Then use a profile if you want to keep game stuff seaprate.

Solution