Question about panel compatibility

Adex11

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
So,
I found a deal : a healthy Acer XB270HB's panel for around 20 euro (it's legit don't worry)
and my question is : will the panel be compatible with the same exact monitor, or with all the other ones that have 27 inch TN film?

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
By panel, are we talking the screen or the electronics board??

The screen is probably compatible with a range of other models, and even brands.

The electronics might be compatible with a small range of equivalent models from other brands, and will physically fit other models in the same series from Acer.

You would have to take your existing monitor apart, make a note of the part IDs and research who makes them; you will often find they make the same part for multiple brands.

Adex11

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016

I'm talking about the screen only, no electronics.

will be compatible with some other makes & brands. I used 2 different models of a 19" Samsung monitor to make my 19" Frankenstein monitor. original monitor had defective video controller whereas the donor monitor had a deep scratch in the screen. took the donor's video controller which has both vga & dvi & used it to replace the original's vga controller. still have that Frankenstein but now use a 24" Samsung I got from a customer after I replaced 2 capacitors.