i want to upgrade my software to windows 10

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
ok guys so i want to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 , i bought a gtx 1050 ti oc edition with direct x 12 on it , windows 7 doesnt have direct x 12 , so i wonder if its a difference between windows 7 and windows 10 , and how direct x 12 performance is, better fps? better graphics? maybe i dont have a good cpu but let me know guys is it worth it?

spec:
cpu: xeon 3460 2.8
gpu, gtx 1050 ti oc edition
6 gb ram

Solution
you can download win 10 for free now and use it for free as long as you want. then decide if you want to activate it through the above method after a few months if you wish. it is fully functional except for some personalization stuff that gets locked out when unactivated.

go here and download the version you want to try, then make a second partition to install win 10 into and dual boot for a while. it's easy to do and sets up automatically once the installers notices you already have win 7 installed. select "upgrade another pc" when running this creator and it will download an iso file for you to use. or will set-up a usb drive for you in one simple step.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

here's a quick...

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
Are you 100% sure about the cpu? What motherboard are you using?

Besides that, unless you have a very specific reason to stay on Win7 (legacy software, etc), you should probably update to Win10.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
The free upgrade ended over a year ago, but it actually still works last I tried. You just have to download the latest version using the media creation tool online and install it using your windows 7 key - make sure the version matches (home or pro) or it won't activate. But then that's not a huge deal as it will work un activated just fine.

But is it worth it? maybe. Direct X 12 hasn't really added much to games and certainly isn't going to make much of a difference to your frame rates or visual quality. But then windows 7 support will run out sooner - but it's still a couple of years away.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Im using intel dh55hc motherboard , and i know the cpu is old , but how the performance will be in windows 10 ? And actually windows 7 is old , and dont have good stuff like windows 10 , but i prefer for games , is it worth it? And is windows 10 will stutter my games

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you'll not see much performance gain moving to win 10 if any at all. slowly more and more games are using dx12 and just like the older dx versions, dx 11 will eventually go away. really the only reason to go to win 10 is if there are games you want to play that only use dx 12. hence, you have to have win 10 to play them.

otherwise other than support ending for win 7, there is no reason to go to win 10. you can still do the free upgrade using the "assistive technologies" loophole. find it here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

you only have to say you are using the tech and don't have to prove it. works great :)

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Thank you for you reply , well i dont know which games has direct x 12 , but to be honest , windows 7 had some issues , with updating windows , and some stuff , windows 10 automatically updating it self and much more stuff you can do there , like it has a store to download games and stuff and its really good , but im scared to regret after i upgrade to windows 10

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can download win 10 for free now and use it for free as long as you want. then decide if you want to activate it through the above method after a few months if you wish. it is fully functional except for some personalization stuff that gets locked out when unactivated.

go here and download the version you want to try, then make a second partition to install win 10 into and dual boot for a while. it's easy to do and sets up automatically once the installers notices you already have win 7 installed. select "upgrade another pc" when running this creator and it will download an iso file for you to use. or will set-up a usb drive for you in one simple step.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

here's a quick tutorial on how to set up the second partition and get it running. step by step with lots of pictures. obviously want to keep this open on something else while installing win 10. mobile, tablet or laptop you have handy.
https://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows-7-or-8/

Solution