Searching on chrome doesnt work but wifi works

KyoKyo16

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
When I search up something on chrome it will take forever to load and says site cant be reached. My wifi is on and works, direct links on chrome works and online games anything else requiring internet works. Checked my firewall already. Devices such as phone and tablet work fine though.

The search box in Chrome is actually tied to a search engine. If this search engine gets changed to something else, it can result in poor performance or failed searches. A lot of malware tries to do this to make money by sending your searches to an affiliated search engine. Fortunately, you can change it back pretty easily (though a few pernicious forms of malware will fight you and try to change it again after you've fixed it).

Follow the instructions below to check which search engine Chrome is using. If it's not the one which it used to use, run an antivirus scan, then download and run Malwarebytes to eliminate any possible malware. Then follow Google's instructions to change Chrome's search engine back to your preferred search engine.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95426?

KyoKyo16

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

I ran malware tests there are none and it is the google search engine it doesnt redirect to anything