Image looks faded through HDMI, with Nvidia GPU

Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys,

I've been unable to get my pen tablet to show as much contrast as with my second monitor. The colors are rich in the latter case but the same images when viewed in my tablet monitor looks faded out like there isn't much contrast in the image, and blacks are all greyed out as well.

In the latter case the colors seem rich and the blacks are much darker. My tablet monitor is connected via HDMI to the graphics card while the monitor is connected via DVI port.

I can't understand where the problem is, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution

NVIDIA control panel -> Change Resolution -> Output dynamic range -> Full

NVIDIA control panel -> Change Resolution -> Output dynamic range -> Full

Solution
Jun 14, 2018
Much better now, the contrast is good but the whites are still much brighter than on my monitor even now. The contrast between the lights and dark is good now but overall it's brighter than on my monitor. And reducing the brightness is making colors not as rich. Could it be gamma issue?

Can you try reducing the contrast setting on the monitor? That may reduce the maximum white level.

Jun 14, 2018
I've played with the contrast and brightness settings on the monitor, but to no avail. Either color gets too washed out or too dull. I can match the white level but color saturation gets hit.