How to record Main screen from VM

jayesh00

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
Hi

I am curious to know whether you can record your physical computer screen using a Virtual Machine??

Like In Dell Laptop Win 10 is installed and i install Win 7 in VM can i record Win 10(Main PC) from Win 7(VM)??

Thanks

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
That is an interesting question. I am sure you can record the VM screen from the host computer because the Host computer will see the VM. I don't think the VM will be able to see the host computer (other than data shares) so I am thinking it is not possible for that reason. However, I have never investigated this. I don't understand the practical application since you could record the host computer and share the data with the VM unless of course you want this to go un-noticed by the user of the host computer. I suppose depending on what you want to accomplish, your end goal would determine the viable solutions.

Teamviewer? You could use screen share software to accomplish this task, but without a network-based link between the systems, it is not possible. A VM represents the lowest possible access for anything it contains, barring particularly potent exploits, of which I do not know any to exist.