Fallout 76 Question

Atterus

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
Hello all,

No one may know, there isn't a ton of technical details yet, tis' fine :)

Anyways, anyone know if they fixed the Fallout 76 engine so it doesn't be stupid tying the fps to the physics engine? That seriously ham-stringed my experience on Fallout 4, so I hope they at least smoothed that out some. Also, if we are dealing with far more visual details than before (including draw distance apparently) do we need to be worrying about our CPUs? Fallout 4 is still pretty brutal to the CPU, so I'm worried giving it more will be worse, but I'm hoping that Bethesda finally decided to let the GPU handle more of the heavy lifting (It would make sense if they can be "16x more detailed" since CPU tech hasn't advanced *that* much since FO4 right?). I know most is still speculation, but I'm really hoping that the various technical issues in FO4 have at least been mentioned as being addressed somewhere. It'd be a bummer if I still drag with a 1080ti and 7700k merely on 1080...

BTW, anyone know if having FO4 on SSD makes a huge difference in gameplay? Loading obviously, but I've tried everything under the sun to get stable frames and nothing works unless I want my character zipping around like he downed 1000 skooma bottles (its bizzare, it's like I can either have crazy high fps, or struggle to maintain 60 when trying to cap it and all from the inspector dipping all the way down to 20 sometimes)...

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Bethesda has never been known to make good game engines, Fallout 3 all the way to Fallout 4, Skyrim, all used the same crappy ass engine just tweaked to death. I suspect that Fallout 76 is no different. 7700K and 1080Ti will be plenty for Fallout 76 at 1080p.

Drive performance has never been a factor in games unless you don't have much RAM because games try to load in to memory. Only the initial loading time would have a big impact.

Atterus

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
Yeah, I'm just hoping that it won't suffer from a bunch of the issues FO4 in particular had. I'm hoping it is closer to the SSE engine version that at least let us render a entire valley without shadows popping in four feet away causing a 30fps drop. That said... I never had any issues with SSE once they got the initial issues patched up, so I guess I can hope for that. I'm getting spoiled with PCs...

TRENDING THREADS