Triple Monitor Setup with 1X Ultrawide and 2X Normal

RogueLlamas

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Lets say I have one 2560x1080 monitor in between two 1920x1080 monitors. Will I be able to run a game across all 3 of them? Will they all sync to the monitor with the lowest Hz refresh rate? Is this even possible with a 1080ti and a 8700k?

The Monitors are :
LG 34UC79G-B
LG 24MP59G-P
LG 24MP59G-P

I couldnt decide between Ultrawide or triple display so this seemed to be the best of both worlds and would be pretty badass.

Lemme know if it will work and of so how and at which compromises.

Thanx :)

Can you do it, yes. Will it look good, no. The middle screen would be like 11" taller than the other two so as you scroll your mouse across the screen in a game it will jump down 11" to the side monitors. It would be horrible to game like that, if not impossible.

RogueLlamas

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you are planning on using nvidia surround, even they recommend that you use identical monitors as that lowers any differentials, making it easier on the gpu with less possibility of issues. The gpu has to render 3 different views for every single frame, that's hard enough without adding the differences of resolution, sizing, scaling etc to the mix as it'll have to now make adjustments for the ultra wide 21:9 vrs the other monitors 16:9. You are just begging for lousy fps as the gpu gets sunk with additional workloads for no good reason.

TRENDING THREADS