Monitor randomly blinking time and area (not GPU, drivers or display error (video included)) - HP z420

Kristjan_3

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hello, I bought used untested HP z420 for good price and now I have problem with picture. I am getting random bilking / flashes on display. Random time and random aria, sometime it is smaller aria sometimes bigger.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAPk8nx4Xw"][/video]
I tried to change GPU (Quadro 2000 and 600, no difference, I tried to use monitor on another PC (used same cables, so that is also OK) , to see if it is monitor error, but no monitor works fine and drivers are also up to date.

Is it possible that is is MOBO? Or same cable in PC, if so what cable should I look in more detail? Or some setting in WIN 10?

If I remember correctly (but not 100% sure) it was doing similar thing on my other PC when I was using 3x 2K displays on 60HZ instated of 59hz, when I change it to 59hz all was OK. But here I already have set to 59HZ (same monitor, but just 1 instead of 3) so this is probably not the problem.

Kristjan_3

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

But no. Like i said I know it is not monitor error, becasue i use this monitor on my other 2 PCs and it is working fine.

Do you use converters or adapters from HDMI/DVI to VGA or similar? Which connectors did you use? HDMI/DP/DVI/VGA

Which resolution and refresh rate is it?

Special themes in windows chosen?

Would try to update the BIOS, if an update is available.

Did you plug in the video cable into the motherboard or directly to the tested GPUs?

Is this windows freshly installed?
Boot with Ubuntu live, if it happens there too.

If yes, could be a power supply or motherboard problem

Kristjan_3

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
No adapter just DP to DP cable.

Resolution 2560x1440, refresh rate 59Hz (or 60, it is the same).

No special windows themes, updated WIN and updated BIOS.

I used the same cable and monitor, and this monitor doesn't work only on this PC. I tired on other 2 PCs that I have and monitor works fine. So you would say it is something wrong with PC not monitor.

On the other hand, I also have 2 other monitors (same model as 1st one) and there picture is all normal, so this monitor is really behaving like it is a monitor problem.

I don't know what is wrong and I don't really care anymore. Since I have few monitors and just 1 has problems with just 1 PC I will just use a set that it will work together.

I really don't need to solve this, but maybe someone else would like to continue, but Ty anyways.