Tried everything! - GTX 1050ti - Black intermittent screen

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hi All,

I come from an I.T background so I have done majority of the basics but for some reason on my new desktop which lies under the TV connected via HDMI displaying at 4K 60hz I am getting the occasional Black screen then it's back again than its gone again and it even happens with Games occasionally.

Things I have tried

New Hdmi Cable's
Connected it to my receiver
Connected it directly to my TV
Changed the Hdmi UHD colour with my TV settings
Played about with the colours in my Nvidia display panel (RGB Y'S - Limited/Full)
Installed Windows 10
Installed Windows 7
Tried various drivers

The only things that seem to work is set my desktop display to 1080p which defeats the object.

Pc specs

Ryzen 1300X
Zotac 1050ti
16GB DDR4
120gb ssd
Samsung K7500 curved

I don't think its an overheating issue as the fans are still going and checked the temps.
I believe this even happened when I used my gaming rig which has a GTX 1080 TI in it before I bought this media desktop.

Can somebody help me out to try and resolve this issue or is it unsolved yet as i know its a world wide issue.

Anything I have forgotten please let me know

Kind regards

Jadc

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Thanks for replying ... I have got the shield and steam link and none of these do it.

It seems to be a windows issue in my opinion as before this desktop I used a intel media box (little square one which was capable of 4k 60hz) with Hdmi output and this even did the same.

Not got much experience with electrics but I do have my audio receiver, tv , pc and few other components plugged into one extension cable which has about 6 plugs sockets on ??? wondering if this could be one of the issues