ASUS GL553V to ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitor

Solution
The HDMI port on the monitor does not support 120 or 144Hz, only the displayport and dual link DVI connectors support those refresh rates on that monitor.
Jun 18, 2018

Thx i downloaded the documentation of monitor and can see what u said.

So i have any chance to get the 144Hz, using some specific wire or converter?

That's a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, not an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. That will only work for connecting DisplayPort computers to HDMI displays, and will be limited to 60 Hz at 1080p even in that situation.

Jun 18, 2018

But i will connect HDMI to computer and Display Port to my Asus VG248QE monitor, because the monitor HDMI port is limited to 60 Hz and monitor Display Port can work in 144/120Hz

Yes, the video signal is sent from the HDMI device to the DisplayPort device, so HDMI computer --> DP display is called an "HDMI to DisplayPort" connection.

Just read the product description of the cable you linked.

En concreto, el cable conecta directamente cualquier portátil u ordenador de escritorio con DisplayPort (DP, DP++, o DisplayPort++) a un monitor, proyector o televisor HD con entrada HDMI.

Jun 18, 2018

I know all of that, just i want to know if i will can run my monitor in 120/144Hz, because HDMI port in computer is not limited to 60Hz and Display Port in monitor can run 120/144Hz

Jun 18, 2018

Sorry for the amount of replys, but reading your guide http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3675170/connect-120-display-construction.html.

I see that my computer ASUS GL553V have an USB type C but i read all the datasheet documentation and they dont say if that USB type C is video-capable or not. Also im trying to chat with Asus support to see if they can tell me something.

U know any way to see if this port is valid to me to run the 120/144Hz on my monitor?

Thx u very much

Maybe. Not all USB-C ports support video output. I'm not sure if the one on your laptop does.