No signal to the monitor from the pc. Using a voltage converter.

Sweetiebelleswag

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
-Turned pc off last night normal and no issues

-come back from class today and turned it on

-pc turns on normally, fans and lights on the mobo are fine but no signal on the monitor

-tried different ports and different hdmi and restarting and still nothing

-monitor works fine with laptop

-mouse lights up but keyboard doesn't, tried multiple USB ports for KB still nothing but works fine with laptop also

-open pc take out ram gpu and power connectors and reconnect it all and still nothing

-try it without you and still nothing

-am using voltage converter explanation in context below

-tried resetting cmos and nothing

-tried booting it up without ram and nothing no beep and but not sure mobo would anyway

Context- moved to Japan 8 months ago and my psu is set to British voltage and doesn't support Japanese voltage. When I got here I found a Korean voltage converter so I ordered a plug adapter to connect my British plug from the British pay to the adapter and then to the Korean voltage converter. Sounds complicate but it worked and for the last 8 months everything has been fine. I have knocked the converter a few times but pc protected itself with surge protector.

Have I fried my Mobo or psu asked elsewhere they don't think so but I don't know. PC starts up like normal feels like there is an issue with psu or mobo but I just don't know.

Specs are an Asus h81m-plus

Corsair vs650

Amd 390

And I think a i5 4690

Monitor is AOC

Latest posts