HP Pavillion 4K Monitor will give me trouble

Novakane_

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
I'm looking to purchase a 32" 4K monitor for my PC, for uses such as watching Netflix and currently the World Cup. I'm not going to replace my current smaller 1080p monitor with a new one, as they both have two different functions, wont wont even be used for dual screen multitasking.

4K Monitors have their own software and drivers: SO, will installing those drivers and software mess up my resolution on my regular 1080p monitor? or will it all work fine and the display port will also magically give the monitor audio too??

Solution
No, 4K monitors do not have their own drivers and software, you probably won't have to install anything when connecting the new monitor. There shouldn't be any issue using both monitors. What GPU do you have?

Yes, if the new monitor has built in speakers then connecting it via displayport will allow the monitor to play audio.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
No, 4K monitors do not have their own drivers and software, you probably won't have to install anything when connecting the new monitor. There shouldn't be any issue using both monitors. What GPU do you have?

Yes, if the new monitor has built in speakers then connecting it via displayport will allow the monitor to play audio.

Solution

Novakane_

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015

ive done some research and some 4k monitors have drivers and software apparently
GTX 1060

Novakane_

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015

mostly reviews on bestbuy.com. do you know any good sized 4k monitors (29+inch) that are priced the best?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, weird. I think the 4K monitor I tried may have come with an install disk, but I don't remember it being required in order to work, and I don't think it anything significant after I installed it (maybe just installed a color profile or something). Definitely no changes for drivers though.

I can't really say what the best priced 4K monitors are though, I'd just be going on amazon/bestbuy/whatever and sorting by price, same as you.