Will the Dell E2218HN work well with a GTX 1050 ti?

May 29, 2017
I'm thinking of buying the Dell E2218HN(http://www.dell.com/ae/business/p/dell-e2218hn-monitor/pd). I currently have a GTX 1050 ti and I just want to know if it'd just work fine. I'd also like a walkthrough just to be clear. Do I just plug the monitor's hdmi cables and install the Geforce driver? or is there something else.

Also to add, I might have my old display drivers (geforce ones) piled up a bit because I was trying to fix some stuff, should I use display driver uninstaller before I plug in the new monitor?

The above stuff was my main question, but for those who are more knowledgeable about this, the reason I'm changing the monitor is that my current monitor is a samsung VGA monitor with the native resolution of 1600x900, I use it with a Displayport to VGA adapter with the GPU but I just can't get it to make the native resolution 1600x900, I can force that by using CRU, but it's still not native, just a custom one. So my question is, It's all gonna be fine with the new monitor right? As soon as I install the Geforce driver, it's gonna get 1920x1080 as the native resolution?

Solution
you'll get native resolution with Windows default drivers and a single cable with no adapter/converters but yes, it is highly recommended to install nvidia drivers if using an nvidia gpu.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
To put it simply, plugging into it like normal using HDMI will result in an output of up to 1920x1080 resolution.
The reason for your issue with your current monitor is that you are attempting to plug newer video tech into older video tech using adapter of some sort. Would be best to just get a hold of a VGA cable or if your current monitor supports it get DVI.

May 29, 2017

Yeah I figured my current monitor is having trouble because of it being older. I can't use it with dvi though cuz it doesn't have the port and, VGA cable won't go in the GPU. So I just need to get a new monitor. So just plugging the new monitor in the GPU and installing the Geforce driver will get me 1920x1080 NATIVE resolution then?