Switch between monitors

Ryknex

Honorable
May 20, 2016
Problem is:
I'v one graphics card gtx 1060 with 1 hdmi output (Whyyy nvidia!!!!), and two monitors, one is my desktop monitor and another one is a TV.
Now what I wanna do is, switch the display between these two.
I don't wan't to run both of the monitors at the same time like mirror or extended display.

What I want is, when I switch from my desktop monitor to TV, the desktop monitor should not run so that the graphics card don't have to render the monitor while it is rendering the TV
and when I switch back My TV gets disconnected.

I've searched for devices like HDMI switch in amazon
most of them are for mirror/ extended display or using one display (a TV) from multiple source (Xbox/ PC/ Cable box)
Thank you in advance :), and sorry for my poor English :(

Actually you don't need a switch at all. First go to the Power section of Windows and set the monitor to turn off in minutes or so.

Then go to Display and set the primary monitor (TV as secondary monitor) . Then in multiple display set it to Duplicate.

Then set your refresh rates and resolutions. And you're done. This is exactly as IO have my own System. It works.

You don't need to worry about it rendering for each port. The video signal is split to the different ports. It doesn't matter if all ports are used or just one. The graphics card doesn't care it is passive after the signal is produced.

But if you prefer you can use this switch. It has four HDMI input and two HDMI outputs plus audio and a remote.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423086&cm_re=hdmi_switch-_-12-423-086-_-Product