decent laptop for the price?

Feb 25, 2018
From the specs both of the laptops are almost identical, with the Acer's 1050Ti being ahead of the Dell's 1050 in gaming power albeit minimal. The Acer has a 256GB SSD which will help with boot/load times, but won't have the storage for a lot of games. The Dell has a 1TB HDD @5400 RPMs, which means more storage but slower times (but you can change out the HDD for a SSD if you choose to do so). They both have the Intel Core i5-7300HQ, base speed seems to be 2.5 GHz, with Turbo boost up to 3.5GHz. Port wise they each have 1 HDMI; Acer has 1 USB 3.1, 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 while Dell has 3 USB 3.0; both a have a headphone/microphone jack. There are NO optical disc drives, so no DVD/CD if that's what you will be using so just a heads up.

This is going to come down more of what games you are going to be playing and the 1050Ti will be slightly better than the regular 1050.
Depending on the game, AAA titles like GTA V, Witcher 3, etc., you should be able to run med-high/high settings and maintain 50-60 FPS on the full 1920x1080.

Since you stated it was a budget gaming laptop, these will both suffice. Personally I like the Acer better, but that's me.