I need help in finding the cheapest way to upgrade my pc into a gaming pc :(

Jun 22, 2018
I have a very low end pc i used mostly for school but im turning it to a budget gaming pc, It can run some low end end games like brawlhalla, or smite but they tend to lag or crash alot when i play too long,The graphics card needs the biggest upgrade cause it only has 512mb of dedicated memory it can barely run anything that reqiures over 200mb of video memory, I was gonna upgrade the processor as a start but the motherboard is does take any other processor.I just need to upgrade this pc as cheap as i can cause i dont get a big allowance but i will upgrade little by little, I just dont know where to start. My starting budget is $100 that all i have right now, but the maximum ill spend is $200

Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Mulberry

Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz

Memory: 4gb RAM

Video graphics: Integrated AMD HD 8330 Graphics (combined with the processor)

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
You'll definitely want to get away from dedicated graphics and buy a decent video card. Not sure what your budget is but a gtX 1050 3 gb is a good start. Rx560 4Gb perhaps? just depends if that board supports them, but it should.

16 Gb of RAM should also boost speed, or 8 GB, but make sure your motherboard can support more RAM. Your current cpu will be affecting the overall performance when gaming. You'll see an improvement and will MAYBE run games at mid level, with the upgrades I mentioned, but don't expect anything dramatic.

Finally, get an SSD drive so that it can access games and your data faster. SSDs always make a huge improvement in performance.

To be entirely honest with you though, I would save the money until you have more cash so that you can get either a decent motherboard/cpu or just buy a better system with either a Ryzen Chip or Intel. Keep in mind that games are requiring more specs to run, so what works now may not work 3 - 6 months down the line.

Good luck!

Jun 22, 2018
ok thank you:)

Jun 22, 2018

its a desktop

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, I see. Well, regardless, as said above your best option is likely to save up to get a new cpu/mobo/ram all at once, as any incremental upgrade to your current platform would provide limited benefit and end up being wasted when you eventually do a full platform upgrade.

A discrete GPU might help (and can always be carried forward once you get a new CPU and whatnot), but in the meantime you'll probably be held back by your CPU.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, this would be a start, but still not great:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4GH73G2001

You might be able to take the RAM from your current computer and put it in there. It does have an expansion slot, so you could get a GPU when more funds are available.

Not much to salvage from the old PC. Doesn't use standard power. Basically the drives are it. So a super barebones build would be something like this (without OS)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Celeron G4900 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($55.47 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot - Signature Line 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($42.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Apex - TX-373 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $180.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-22 16:13 EDT-0400

But the minimum worth spending money on is probably this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill - R363-M-BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $274.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-22 16:18 EDT-0400

Jun 22, 2018
wow that sucks but thx for the build ill definetly look into it