Nvidia control panel not detecting laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
I've got a lot here, but here is summed up. I installed a 120hz screen into my laptop. It's working great in every aspect except that I cannot adjust the refresh rate back to 60hz in NVIDIA control panel because the display tab is missing, in fact all but the 3D settings are missing completely. Don't give me the "Perform a clean installation and use DDU" I tried that several times and even reset my computer and none of it worked. Only 3D settings appear in the NVIDIA control panel. I can adjust the refresh rate color settings and resolution for an external display, but not the main one. The 'display' and 'video' settings appear when I plug in an external display but only let me adjust settings for the external display. My question is how do I get NVIDIA control panel to recognize my laptop display so I can change it to 60hz to prevent screen tearing in games like Terraria. I've also tried everything with that game too, and you need to physically set the refresh rate to 60hz to get rid of tearing.

Sorry for the mouthful. Any help would be appreciated at all as I'm stumped.

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015

Yes plugged in, yes high performance.

In device manager/ display adapters do you see your nvidia device adapter?
What device is it?
Do the properties look correct?

When installing the nvidia device driver, did you do a custom install.
Normally, I do not select 3d settings or the nvidia experience options.

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015

I see HD graphics 630 and the 1060 under display adapters. Is there anything in particular I'm looking for, because it looks normal. Also last time I installed NVIDIA drivers I did a default instillation so that means GeForce experience and all that.

If you see a yellow ! it indicates a driver problem.

Are there laptop drivers related to the display?
I might try reinstalling those. That is what should be responsible for managing dual display adapters(intel HD630 and nvidia GTX1060m)

Just a thought, did you install the nvidia drivers for the mobile version of GTX1060, namely GTX1060M?

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015

I installed the 1060 drivers that said notebook this time but I encounter the same issue even if I use regular 1060.

Status
Not open for further replies.