Dualboot Ubuntu 16.04 with WIndows 10 stuck due to fast hibernation

Jun 23, 2018
I have been using Windows mostly, but last few days have been using Ubuntu, and today when I tried to access Windows, it's stuck in the blinking cursor.

I searched around and found that the fast hibernation to be a possible reason, and have tried few methods already with no results.

My hard-disk is fine, and by using Ubuntu, I have copied all the urgent file to my external hard disk using read mode.

Now, I am trying to get the windows access back.

I also have a bootable windows 10 in a stick.

Any ideas how I can remove hybernation of Windows through Ubuntu or any other solution?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried booting into win 10 using the USB and run startup repair?

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

the flashing white cursor thing can be a sign the boot loader isn't looking in the right place when booting. I don't know UBuntu that well (ok, at all). Are both installs on same drive? Does it use GPT disks? Just wondering if boot method in bios is trying to boot the Win 10 drive as MBR (legacy) when it should be looking for a GPT drive using UEFI boot method.

I don't think its a hibernate problem at all. It might be, windows might be in fast startup mode but I haven't seen that cause this before.