Extreme lag in games and PC preforming below expectations - i7 8700k and 1080ti

Jun 23, 2018
My specs: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vDQZQZ
My benchmark: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9374495

I built a new pc and kept my old HDD but the problem is that im getting very low fps in games and the fps fluctuate a lot. In overwatch I get below 90 fps on the lowest settings and it drops to 30-40 ish and far cry 5 is unplayable because the fps goes to less than 30 and goes back up every 2 - 3 seconds.

Not sure what the problem is. Ive installed and re-installed the gpu drivers and drivers for my motherboard. I have yet to connect my ssd but it has nothing on it.

My ram is in the 2nd and 4th slot as it was shown in my motherboard's installation guide.

Jun 23, 2018

Yes i did then i got a message on my desktop saying that if i changed my motherboard i needed to re-enter my product key and i did just that but this problem occurred after that too.

Jun 23, 2018

Yes i did but then i got a message that gave me a windows 10 error after a few days of building my pc and when i searched what that error meant they said if i re-entered my product code for windows 10 it would go away and it came because i installed a new mobo and i did that and now that error message is gone but my pc is still under-preforming.

It's generally recommended that you reinstall Windows when you do a motherboard change. The error message you refer to refers to product activation, but there can be other problems with just popping in an old Windows install with new hardware eg. driver conflicts that can cause performance problems. You're probably best off disconnecting your hard drive and doing a clean Windows install on your new SSD, then reconnect your old drive. Do not do this with both drives connected or you will run into problems with your motherboard BIOS not knowing which drive to boot from.

bignastyid

Titan

You need to do a clean OS reinstall. Poor performance is one of the usuallu outcomes when swapping a windows install from one computer to another

TRENDING THREADS