Windows 10 stuck after update

Jun 23, 2018
I recently updated windows after not being able to update it for months. The update went through and my computer rebooted.

Now when my computer starts, I get through the Mobo splash screen, then I get the circle loading icon spinning with a black screen. After a few seconds my screen will flicker and the Mobo splash screen reappears but at the wrong resolution and off frame. The circle loading icon continues to spin forever without continuing past this screen.

I7 4790
MSI GD-65
R9 280x

Lutfij

Titan
See if removing the CMOS battery and replacing it helps your issue. Speaking of CMOS, are you on the latest BIOS update? I hope you've got nothing important on the installation drive since these sort of issues always results in the end-user having to reinstall OS after recreating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tool.

Jun 23, 2018

After resetting the PC a couple of times, it's has moved past and is booting like normal. I have not updated my BIOS at all.

I seem to be having issues with the OS, I am unable to do a recovery or repair through the windows tools. Also windows will not download updates, it gets hung up on a cumulative update and fails to download it.

If I keep having issues I may end up just wiping the drive and reinstalling from scratch.