Non uefi (old bios) and fast startup off, can't boot into install disc?

Matthew_119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I have a HP Pavilion p6243w with windows 10 installed.

It has a bios that is 9 years old, so it's not UEFI.

I turned off fast start up in power settings.

I can't get into bios even, let alone into an install disc that works in other PCs.

I've been able to boot into install discs with this PC and OS in the past, why can't I now?

It goes straight to desktop when I select my boot device.

I select the disc in boot device options, press enter, then it goes straight to old Win 10 desktop.

Why won't it let me clean install 10?

Matthew_119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
No luck. Successfully reset the bios easy enough but that was never the problem. My F10 key was buggered. Even after reset, wouldn't work. Switched keyboards, worked right away.

When in bios i switched boot options to default to install disc, no luck there either.

Straight to Windows 10 desktop.

Any ideas?

Matthew_119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
All of it done, including resetting the bios itself by pulling the cmos battery.

I switched to a flash drive like suggested, no luck.

Then I went to my office and went through my old tools and found a flash drive with a dated version of Windows 10 AND a dated install DVD. Tried them, both WORKED. But disc or flash drive for up to date Windows 10 created from Media Creation Tool is still not working. Just straight to desktop.

Anything I can do to clean install a modern and up to date Windows 10?

It's now def starting to seem like the problem is Windows 10 itself.

Computer Specs in case my hardware being so dated is the reason...

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Version 1803
OS build 17134.112
(The OS itself is functional no problem, but I want to clean install now so in case of future I can do it then too)

CPU:
AMD Phenom X4 9850

RAM:
8.00GB DDR2 @ 401MHz

GPU:
GTX 950

Motherboard:
Manufacturer, Pegatron Corp.
Model, NARRA5
Last bios update available, 2009
(I mention this, the motherboard, because I think the hardware being so dated may be the reason Windows 10 won't boot into this builds install disc, as my hardware is all functional as I now no for sure after all this troubleshooting)

So it'll boot into an install disc and even flash drive of a past version of Windows 10 but not the most recent install version provided via Microsoft. It'll go straight to the desktop when I try to do that.

Any ideas anyone? I'm running out of thoughts :_(

Again I'm wondering if Windows 10 install media is fine, but that my hardware is now no longer supported and it's starting to be boxed out possibly?