SYSTEM32\XINPUT1_3.dll windows error code

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018
Error status 0xc000012f when trying to open certain things like Smite through Steam or Epicgameslauncher for Fortnite. Bought this rebuilt and had one stick of defective RAM and now I'm having this problem, what I've tried is this and didn't work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-gaming/cwindowssystem32xinput13dll-is-either-not-designed/1f0015b2-1bd6-42c6-8a1f-4edbf9b5bd65
I'm not too good at doing PC things since I just started, with this being my first PC but anything helps. Thanks.

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

955 issues. Most say 'The registry key contains no data' any idea what that would be? Windows key?

avalon096

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
It seems like there is a direct X issue download direct X 11.2 and every should work fine ..... There is a link below

https://offlinefreewarefiles.com/directx-offline-installer-latest-version/

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

Everything I've seen so far tells me it's a Windows corrupt file or DirectX problem. Still didn't work :/ same error

Colif

Win 11 Master
These 2 command below will fix corrupt windows files.

open command prompt (admin)
type sfc /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy paste this into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
Once its completed, if yoiu had any files you couldn't fix in SFC, re run it again and restart PC

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

'You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility.' but when i go to control panel and users, it says Administrator under the account im using?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I asked you this in another thread,

what version of win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

Current version is 1803 build 17134.112

did you search cortana for Command prompt
on the search result, right click it and choose run as administrator
then try the two commands?

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

Ok the windows version is 10 1803 17134.137
And after running as admin i get 'Error 87' because i think it doesn't recognize a space so i tried it with no spaces but it doesn't recognize that either. For 2nd command after sfcscannow

Colif

Win 11 Master
OK, so you on new version... I thought you were on an old version.

the spacing is necessary, but there is an alternative command that does same thing
right click start
choose powershell(admin)
copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

if SFC found corrupt files it couldn't fix, re run it after that command and restart PC. (You can run it in powershell)

As for your steam problem, tell them you on latest version of win 10 now anyway so you can't update anything.

that link you tried in 1st post is for Win 8.1 and you can't really download DirectX 12 again as its built into windows, I hope you didn't delete anything. There is no stand alone installer.

If that command above doesn't help, you may need to try a repair install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html - all it does is fixes win 10 and all it removes are win 10 patches, everything else is left alone

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

So, the repair went thru and it showed up as
Path :
Online : False
ImageHealthState : Healthy
RestartNeeded : False

And the sfc scan I'm not sure what shows up, it just shows me a lot of different commands to try but it doesn't say error.There's one that says /SCANNOW but when i try that one it says '/SCANNOW is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Update: sfc scanning now

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

Colif

Win 11 Master
It sounds like both of those scans worked

sfc /scannow is 1 command line, you type them both in like that. It seems it worked anyway so don't worry about it now.

So windows is okay, did you delete Directx as per that link you followed? I hope not...

are you still getting that error?

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

I don't even remember now, i doubt it though. Even if i did i was still getting the error before it was done. But yes i'm still getting the error.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try steps 3, 4 & 5 here (don't download the tool to fix PC issues and speed up your system. Many help web sites just want you to buy programs you really don't need - https://windowsreport.com/fix-error-0xc000012f/ - they may have good advice however.

good thing dll download link was broken as its not the ideal solution. Normally a better way that to try to install a dll from a random site.

Can try this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Did you do a repair install? It seems that though system and image are okay according to SFC/DISM, windows isn't all right.

martin236

Prominent
Jun 24, 2018

Yeah still error, no matter what I try i get the error. How do I do a repair install?