Windows 10 crash logging

shadedurza

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hello,
I've been having an issue where my computer will hard crash (as if someone pulled the power cable) while playing games. Since this is only happening while gaming I would usually suspect it to be a heat issue. However I have used hardware monitoring software to view my temps and I'm not seeing anything that looks like it should be causing a crash. I idle at about 26c-30c and get up to around 50c while gaming (water cooling).
I have tried reviewing Event Viewer however it only seems to be an error concerning the fact that windows did not shut down properly without any information about why.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Can anyone recommend any 3rd party error logging software?

I haven't ruled out heat as the cause but I would like additional information before I decide which direction to go. Ideally it would be something I could run while playing a game and it would log the cause of any hard crash that happens. If it's hardware related that's fine I just want to know what to replace. If it's software related that's fine too. I'm willing to reinstall windows if that's what it takes.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard;
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm going to suspect that the PSU isn't capable of providing the necessary power though this is purely speculation since we don't know what you're working with.

shadedurza

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
586WNtj.png
Does anyone have any error / crash logging software they know of? So far I have tried replacing the graphics card, replacing the motherboard, testing the power supply, reinstalling windows, 5 different graphics card driver versions, chk dsk, memtest, and swapping around the slots my ram is in.

Games crashes occur in include Fortnite and Dota2.

Still happening.