New build, sound stutters

Mathias_10

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Hello tomshardware..

I just put together a new pc and i am experiencing something i never tried before, i would very much appreciate your help as i dont know what to do anymore and have tried everything.

System spec:

Asrock H81M-VG4 R3.0
Intel i5 4670S
Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB Ram
Sapphire RX 580 8 GB Pulse OC
Thermaltake RGB 600w PSU
WD Green 120 GB SSD + 320 WD HDD
Corsair Katar Gaing Mouse + Coolermaster Masterkey Lite Keyboard
Logitech 2.1 Sound system
Lenovo T2424Z Moniter With Speakers/Microphone/Webcam

Everything was running PERFECT! I have never had any system faster than this and was very pleased with the performance of the RX 580 !

But then i noticed the sound sometimes quckly disappaers in youtube videos or any game i try to play and then comes back after a split second.. i really noticed it in Gears of war Ultimate Editon and thougt that maybe it was only that game as i had experienced similar problems before in it.. but no, its every game.. even after fresh win 10 install..

Its wierd because i have a identical system just with a i5 4460 and Nvidia gtx 1050 2 gb being the difference.. and here there is no problem at all!!!

Same model motherboard??

I dont think its the boards fault because if i only play sound through the RX 580 HDMI Audio and disable onboard sound its the same problem??

That leaves me with the CPU which seems very unlikely to be whats causing it, as it works flawlessly at all other things??

Lutfij

Titan
The Thermaltake SMART RGB PSU would be something I'd change ASAP!

Did you recreate the bootable USB installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tool? I'd ask you to make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard(prior to reinstalling your OS).

If you're confident that the audio is being outputted through your HDMI port, then try and uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall with the last known stable driver. I'm also wondering why you've listed the Logitech 2.1 speaker system if you're relying on HDMI for audio output...?

Mathias_10

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Whats wrong with a Thermaltake PSU??

I figured out what the problem was and it was because i have it all in a modded Hewlett Packard Case an the front audio had a port with mixed mic/headphones.. And even though the audio pin layout was identical the Asrock board couldnt use it..

I took out the cable and the problem went away.