Programs/Games crashes with "bad_module_info has stopped working." - Need Help

Jun 24, 2018
Hey there.

As the title says, I'm getting the "bad_module_info has stopped working" error for the past week. It just started happening out of nowhere. It happens while I'm playing a game called Planetside 2. (Googling makes it clear that this problem is not exclusive to any game.)

The error is inconsistent as it takes varied amount of play time to happen. Sometimes it crashes the game after 2 minutes, sometimes after an hour.

Here are some of the things I've tried to solve the issue with no luck:

- Updated all hardware drivers.

- Updated Windows. (Using 10.)

- Turned off fullscreen optimization on every single executable related to the game.

- Tried compatibility mode on every single option.

- Ran the game, the launcher, Steam (Software platform the game is hosted on.) on Administrator mode.

- Resetted Windows from the new and fancy reset thing that came with Windows 10.

There are other things I've tried but I honestly cannot remember since I've fiddled with so many things to fix the issue.

I upgraded to Windows 10 just 4 months ago however so far, it only feels like a downgrade. I'm sure from the perspective of a person who knows his stuff about software W10 is all cool and stuff, but from my perspective it offered nothing new compared to W7 but instead ended up bugging me with updates and errors.

Frankly I am not the brightest when it comes to these things so I might be missing something rather obvious but Googling for the past week gave me no working solutions. If there's any file I can put here that would make things easier (Like a log), just let me know and I'll put it up as soon as possible.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Tried this?
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

can you search cortana for "reliability history" and choose the control panel option. See if you have any red X next to Application failures. Click on them and in the section below all the days, click any links under actions and copy/paste the descriptions into here.

It sounds like it was caused by a recent windows update. Possible it will be fixed by one as well.

Do you have any Razer software installed as its also possibly caused by it as well.