How to activate Office 365 key bought from external retailer?

Tomas1020

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
Hello,

I didn't know where else to put this thread.

We have an Office 365 Business Premium at my company and the licenses are about to expire. So we bought another licenses for the next year. My question is, how should I proceed if I don't want to add new users but just make their licenses last longer?

Thanks for any ideas.

Tomas

Solution
Microsoft is typically quite happy to help with such things, provided the keys were acquired legally through a legitimate retailer.

A heads up: if you went to one of those grey market sites like kinguin or g2a... do not use those licenses for your company. MS does have a legally enforceable (via contract you sign for using MS software) right to show up and audit your systems, and their audits can be murderous if you are caught out of license. They're not a fiction either, they do happen.

USAFRet

Titan

Surely the entity you bought the license form would have instructions on how to apply that license to your existing Office365 installs.

Microsoft is typically quite happy to help with such things, provided the keys were acquired legally through a legitimate retailer.

A heads up: if you went to one of those grey market sites like kinguin or g2a... do not use those licenses for your company. MS does have a legally enforceable (via contract you sign for using MS software) right to show up and audit your systems, and their audits can be murderous if you are caught out of license. They're not a fiction either, they do happen.

Solution