Starting local pc business

zacharywarsalla

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Ok i am a 14 year old kid i was wondering if i could start a very small local business or somthing fixing computers. I would end up getting cards and a website to advertise and would mostly do pc upgrades and dusting and removing viruses.

I have full permission from my parents i have been learning/working with computers for the past 5+ months i got my own upgrades it etc.

I was wonding mostly the laws for this and what else i would need.

All i really want is people to call me ask what they want come by drop off there pc and then i would get to work.

If not possible at my current age im willing to wait a few years till im 16 or 18.

Solution
Where do you live? No need to answer literally but what you can do is governed by the laws applicable to where you live.

You could start such a small business but my recommendation is to wait. 5+ months is not enough time to learn all that you need to know.

Fixing computers is not always easy.

I have been doing such things for quite a number of years and I am still learning.... always more to learn.

Too much is out of your control and once you work on a computer you may become responsible, or may be held responsible, for anything that happens afterwards. Your fault or not.

Enjoy being 14, then 15, 16, 17, and 18. Have fun, go outside exercise, get physically fit. Read, study, keep the grades up. Stay out of trouble.

Do...

Ralston18

Titan
Where do you live? No need to answer literally but what you can do is governed by the laws applicable to where you live.

You could start such a small business but my recommendation is to wait. 5+ months is not enough time to learn all that you need to know.

Fixing computers is not always easy.

I have been doing such things for quite a number of years and I am still learning.... always more to learn.

Too much is out of your control and once you work on a computer you may become responsible, or may be held responsible, for anything that happens afterwards. Your fault or not.

Enjoy being 14, then 15, 16, 17, and 18. Have fun, go outside exercise, get physically fit. Read, study, keep the grades up. Stay out of trouble.

Do manual labor to make money. Learn to work hard and smart. Develop other skills beyond tinkering with computers.

In the meantime, collect old computers, fix them, donate to deserving folks. Learn networking, learn to code. All no pressure, hobby stuff. At your own pace and not subject to demands by customers who want/demand more for less.

Help family and friends. No obligations.

That way you can have fun, learn, and take your time in deciding if a local pc business is indeed viable.

And if computer repair is truly something you want to do.....

By the way: do some looking about and learn about the competition. That alone can be quite enlightening.

Solution