BEDAISY.SYS BSOD Windows 10 - PUBG, Fortnite and more

Jun 25, 2018
Hi there,
I've had a re-occuring problem for the past 12 months games such as fortnite, PUBG etc. At random points whilst playing the games, my PC will crash due to BeDaisy.sys. It is now starting to happen when I am using my computer normally and I cant find a fix. All drivers are up to date using DriverEasy premium. I have tried to use the file recovery via cmd however it gets stuck at 10% every time. Please see the notes below.

On Mon 25/06/2018 20:13:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062518-40718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x3F520)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9B02D4345028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 25/06/2018 20:13:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: avgmonflt.sys (avgMonFlt+0xEF32)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9B02D4345028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgmonflt.sys
product: AVG Internet Security System
company: AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
description: AVG File System Minifilter for Windows 2003/Vista
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: avgmonflt.sys (AVG File System Minifilter for Windows 2003/Vista, AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.).
Google query: avgmonflt.sys AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Mon 25/06/2018 20:03:53 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062518-42609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (0xFFFFF800AD3FC434)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC003502DCFF8, 0x2, 0xFFFFF800AD3FC434, 0xC)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bedaisy.sys .
Google query: bedaisy.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Sun 24/06/2018 20:43:23 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062418-29968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (0xFFFFF80C66C9C434)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF9D8140376FF8, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80C66C9C434, 0xC)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bedaisy.sys .
Google query: bedaisy.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Sun 24/06/2018 19:13:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062418-34343-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (BEDaisy+0x9C4A)
Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0xFFFFC88BE7846838, 0xFA2B6DCBA309, 0xFFFF05D492345CF6, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
Google query: bedaisy.sys DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062518-43000-01.dmp

Solution
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/c7qy.html

File: 062818-30015-01.dmp (Jun 28 2018 - 16:43:53)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

This crash happened after the BIOS update.

The dump file says: Processor Version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
According to [this page], the base Frequency is 3.6GHz. Your current speed is: 4.2GHz
That seems overclocked to me... unless I'm missing something? (Which is very possible).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC?

Can you go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and copy all the files here to another folder
upload copies from this folder to a file sharing web site and show link here.
I will get someone to convert files for me, see what drivers are running at time.

WHEA = Windows Hardware error Architecture. Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
remove any overclocks
Can be caused by overheating
Can also be caused by overclocking software like MSI Afterburner, so remove if you have it.

your WHEA error is reporting AVG which is strange

bedaisy is anti cheat software tied to many games like PUBG and Fortnite I think

3rd party driver updating software can try to install wrong drivers.

If you have an Intel CPU, run this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Jun 25, 2018

Hi Colif,
Thank you for the reply. I have checked the C:\WINDOWS\Minidump folder and for some reason the folder is empty.
I have no overclocks on this computer and no MSI afterburner installed. It may be an overheating issue as my room gets very hot especially through the recent heatwave which has increased the frequency of the crashes.

Please find my intel test results at https://pastebin.com/VgBkwZa7

Colif

Win 11 Master
Entering run forever
Current Junction Temperature is 49C
Current Degrees Below Max 51C
Maximum Junction Temp Allowed 100C
Test Result - PASS
Expected Greater than 1 degrees below max
Received 51 degrees below max
Test PASSED

Current Junction Temperature is 95C
Current Degrees Below Max 5C
Test Result - PASS
Expected Greater than 1 degrees below max
Received 5 degrees below max
Test PASSED

Current Junction Temperature is 99C
Current Degrees Below Max 1C
Test Result - FAIL
Please check your Processor Thermal Solution
Temperature Monitor Stopped by User

I wonder how long that test runs for.

Looks like you need a cooler room :) ( I hate hot days, but I live in Australia and have to just live with not being able to watch videos or plays games all day, I leave that till night time)
Try cleaning the fans inside case, as well as heatsink. Dust build up will increase temps as well

That doesn't answer the Bedaisy ones or why you don't have any minidump files when who crashed could see them on Monday. See if they appear if you change the view in the folder to show hidden files and folders. They might be hidden

Next time you BSOD, look in the folder again, and upload any dumps you can as it should help us work out why the anti cheat driver is crashing.

Jun 25, 2018

It would seem that way!

Here are the uploads of my latest crashes. Let me know if you can find anything.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g8qS3UgEtGZqL8axPye7v8dC0FDxsp7h?usp=sharing

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/rFlu.html

File: 062618-35890-01.dmp (Jun 26 2018 - 13:20:03)
Probably caused by: GenuineIntel (Process: fma3.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File: 062618-32218-01.dmp (Jun 26 2018 - 17:53:51)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BEDaisy.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-GAMING-M7.html
You have BIOS version 1J. The latest is BIOS version 1K. Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Colif

Win 11 Master
You have a great collection of drivers I wish were newer but makers haven't updated them... your logitech web cam for instance
Do you have a Corsair water cooling system? See if newer version of LINK available yet
Try updating Killer Ethernet drivers - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads

FMA3.exe is part of the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool... can't say I seen it crash before. Seems its also part of Prime95, I think FMA3 is a process of any x86 CPU as it is a test run by both Intel and AMD

The FMA instruction set is an extension to the 128 and 256-bit Streaming SIMD Extensions instructions in the x86 microprocessor instruction set to perform fused multiply–add (FMA) operations.[1] There are two variants:

- FMA4 is supported in AMD processors starting with the Bulldozer architecture. FMA4 was realized in hardware before FMA3.
- FMA3 is supported in AMD processors starting with the Piledriver architecture and Intel starting with Haswell processors and Broadwell processors since 2014.

updating bios might help as your version of Intel Management Engine Interface likely matches the newer bios, not the older one you have installed - [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyFMf0D9Lc"][/video]

Jun 25, 2018

Hi Colif,
Thank you for the further suggestions. I have updated my BIOS to 1k, updated corsair link and updated my killer ethernet drivers. Unfortunately, I have crashed again upon startting a game of fortnite. I have again, uploaded the file to drive to see if anyone can find further solutions but honestly I think it may just be the heatwave we are going through :(.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kOMH7d1pjl6C2Jummj3AnDYCxzhMqy39?usp=sharing

Thank you for the help so far both.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/c7qy.html

File: 062818-30015-01.dmp (Jun 28 2018 - 16:43:53)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

This crash happened after the BIOS update.

The dump file says: Processor Version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
According to [this page], the base Frequency is 3.6GHz. Your current speed is: 4.2GHz
That seems overclocked to me... unless I'm missing something? (Which is very possible).

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Processor Base Frequency - 4.20 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency - 4.50 GHz

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

The link you have is for the non K version :) - I wish it was that easy, its not overclocked, its at its stock frequency

It could still be the heat problem, if you are water cooling CPU i don't think it should be getting that high? What unit are you running?

I am not an expert on water cooling though so might ask someone else to look

Jun 25, 2018
Hi both,
I think I've finally found a solution to this. After gardenman said 'That seems overclocked to me... unless I'm missing something? (Which is very possible).', I did some more digging.

I went into the BIOS options and disabled Intel Turbo Boost. Since then, I haven't crashed once and I am able to use everything.

Thank you for the help both of you. I'm glad i've finally found a solution to this (so far!).

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think the problem is your cooling still, turning off turbo boost is just a stalling factor as PC can't get to its max speed with it off. It will max out at 4.2 and never get to 4.,5. It might keep it cool enough to not get as hot as it was but its not the ideal solution.

What water cooling set up do you have? I think fixing it is a better solution than nerfing the CPU.