Nvidia Surround problem Only 2 displays can be selected after driver update

shrekrilege

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
I cannot enable triple display surround after updating my GTX770 to the latest drivers. I can select 1x3 orientation from the drop down menu, but will only allow me to select 2 monitors.

Any ideas?

Solution
As you just learned graphics drivers nearly always have some problems. I always take a look at the details on the driver. They do list known problems. So I scan down the list for any that apply to my system. If it does apply then wait for a new driver or select an older driver as you just did.

As you just learned graphics drivers nearly always have some problems. I always take a look at the details on the driver. They do list known problems. So I scan down the list for any that apply to my system. If it does apply then wait for a new driver or select an older driver as you just did.

Solution
Also just for your information, Windows 10 periodically updates device drivers including graphics drivers. You will know when this happens. On my system my secondary monitor goes black each time it happens.

I just go to geoforce.com and download and install the graphics driver (select custom with clean install). Ad the problem goes away until the next time. Don't use the Windows drivers.

shrekrilege

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

Yes I always use the clean install option when updating drivers, I just didn't expect the latest ones to break surround setups. Thanks for the info

Jun 29, 2018

thanks man, i appreciate it

TRENDING THREADS