PC Spamming W

Jun 4, 2018
Hello! My PC randomly started spamming w a few days ago and I need to restart every time it happens- it only gets fixed for 15-20 minutes. It even happens if I unplug my keyboard. This started a while ago whenever I was messing around with this external DVD player I got. The drivers were very messed up and my computer blue screened quite a bit during that and since then I’ve gotten some random other blue screens with different error messages. I’ve tried malware scans and launching in safe mode but it keeps happening. I’m on windows 10 if that matters. Help is appreciated <3

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Does W spam in safe mode with no keyboard attached? If it does, this next test won't fix it
Try booting into a clean boot - read instructions carefully and make sure NOT to disable all Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

might have to run for a while to see if it happens. If it doesn't, slowly re add startup programs to the list until you find the one causing it.

Does this keyboard have its own software or use windows drivers?

Jun 4, 2018

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the answer! I'll be honest i haven't tried this yet but there is new information about the problem. I was on my laptop and after a while it started spamming w too. I just put it to sleep and woke it up and it worked fine again. I'm thinking it might be something I have installed on both my pc and my laptop as I have many things installed on both but I'm still not positive about what is happening.