4k monitor under $325

Mifficer

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
I recently got $325 and I decided that i want to upgrade my current Asus VX238H 1080p monitor with a 4K one. After doing some looking I found this LG 27UD58-B 27-Inch 4K IPS monitor which is currently on amazon for $299. Should I go ahead and buy this one or is there a better monitor available that's within my budget?

https://www.amazon.com/LG-27UD58-B-27-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B01IRQAYPE/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01IRQAYPE&pd_rd_r=7QG1ZNZF4RBG3THJYNS2&pd_rd_w=J4jct&pd_rd_wg=0uDAt&psc=1&refRID=7QG1ZNZF4RBG3THJYNS2

Solution
Your existing monitor is a TN panel, the 4K is IPS.
IPS panels, in general (alongside VA) will provide better color reproduction vs the TN.

IIRC, a 980 used HDMI 1.4.... so 4K/60Hz shouldn't be achievable there. You'd need to use DisplayPort.

But, all in all, that monitor is probably the best you can do for the money & use case.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
For the money, you're not going to get much better than that.

What's your intended use-case? Very much a "gaming" grade monitor, so colors etc are not going to be ideal for content creation etc.

Also, consider installing a browser addon which will auto scan/apply promo codes - Amazon usually has quite a few that may work and save you a little extra!

Mifficer

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

I will be using it for gaming, but that isn't my main focus for it since I only have a gtx 980. I just want to get something with a high resolution and appealing colors as my current monitor's colors aren't that great and i'd love to watch 4K content.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your existing monitor is a TN panel, the 4K is IPS.
IPS panels, in general (alongside VA) will provide better color reproduction vs the TN.

IIRC, a 980 used HDMI 1.4.... so 4K/60Hz shouldn't be achievable there. You'd need to use DisplayPort.

But, all in all, that monitor is probably the best you can do for the money & use case.

Solution