XBOX 360 and PS3 Wired Controllers not working with Windows 10 OR Windows 8

Jun 27, 2018
Hello, I've been searching the forums for an answer to this problem but whatt'ya know all the "Solved" cases weren't actually solved.
Laptop is Windows 10
PC is Windows 8

PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10:
I've Connected my controllers via a USB cable and my Windows 10 Laptop recognizes them both.
--Device Manager Shows the 360 controller without having Hidden Devices switched on.
--joy.cpl recognizes the PS3 controller but acts like nothing functions when I try to calibrate it.
--joy.cpl does NOT recognize the 360 controller at all.
--My laptop makes a noise when I plug and unplug either of the controllers.

PROBLEMS ON WINDOWS 8:
--The computer makes a noise when I plug and unplug either of the controllers.
--Device Manager shows the 360 controller without Hidden Devices being switched on
--joy.cpl recognizes the PS3 controller but acts like nothing functions when I try to calibrate it.
--joy.cpl does NOT recognize the 360 controller at all.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
--I've checked for updates on both computers.
--I've gone to Device Manager to check for hardware changes and driver updates, but its says I have the best possible driver installed.
--I've uninstalled the drivers and restarted my computer so they would reinstall properly, but it made no difference.
-- I followed these guides: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

ABOUT THE CONTROLLERS:
--They both work on their respective consoles both wirelessly and while connected via cable.
--Xbox One Controller works when connected via cable. Works on both computer and laptop.
--I've tried 3 different 360 controllers and none of them work, but all act the same.
--The home button/logo button does not light up when plugged into either computer.

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished
PC does not recognize all controllers some third party brands have drivers that you need to find online, I recommend searching for the drivers off of the manufactures website or worse case scenario if you can't find it then buy a different controller, also make sure that you are on the latest Windows 10 version