Booting windows 10

Jun 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a problem I hope you can help me with. One day I left my perfect working computer on to watch the WK and when I came back I realised the computer had turn itself off. I tried to start it up again, but for some reason it would not boot from my crucial SSD anymore. In the BIOS the SDD shows, but I could not select it as a booting device. Force boot device also did not work.
It showed a black screen while booting with a blinking white dash changing place in the left corner of the screen.

So I put windows 10 on my HDD, and deleted all volumes and PSID reverse my drive and tried installing windows 10 on the SDD again. This worked and it also shows as a bootable drive.

The problem I have now is that, even though I configured it in BIOS to boot first, I still get the blinking white dash thing untill it goes to some blue screen where I can choose 2 bootable disk volumes. When I press the SDD one it does go to windows, but ofcourse I want it to go straight to windows.

Any suggestions how I can tackle this?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hello markschutrups86

> You can type MSCONFIG in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

> Go to the Boot tab.

> Select the entry you don't want to see in the list, and click Delete. As an alternative, you can select the entry your PC boots with, click Set as default, and then set the Timeout value to 0 (zero) seconds.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!