Second Monitor isn't displaying.

ChocolateMilk

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
Greetings,
This is a drawn out issue I have had for awhile.

I have a Dell monitor as my main source of display (D201hHF) ; i have a second monitor that worked on my old motherboard since it's dual monitor system was easy just plug them both in (even if one was in gpu and one in mobo).

With that said, I bought a new motherboard 4 months ago the Asus CM1740 AMD Desktop Motherboard sFM1 : nothing has been wrong with it so far other then this issue.

They have their own custom worded dual monitor option FMx or something like that ; enabling it allows me to use my motherboard's and gpu's. This is where the issue comes into play.

I will get display from my motherboard's and then when the windows 10 login screen comes in my second kicks on but it's black. not black like turned off, It has signal, the light is blue it's just it's not pitch black so you can tell the leds are in use. Windows 10 doesn't see it, and I thought maybe that cross connection is an issue. So I bought another DVI VGA adapter since my AMD Radeon R9 200x only has two dvi for some reason. Then It uses my Dell but not the second at all with the option enabled or not. Same with two on one motherboard. It's very odd.

I thought maybe it was the monitor but I recently got my Drawing tablet and it does the same thing with the leds active just black.

Any suggestions?

ChocolateMilk

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

"So I bought another DVI VGA adapter since my AMD Radeon R9 200x only has two dvi for some reason. Then It uses my Dell but not the second at all with the option enabled or not."