Backup in Windows 10

Jun 9, 2018
I am trying to setup a backup of my Local HDD's to a Network Drive.I am gonna use the official Windows backup.I have a few question which are mentioned as follows:

1) Does the PC start when its off to do a backup as scheduled and then shut down when the backup is done?

2)If I delete some content from my computer,does that content also get delete from the backup?

3)If I edit a Text document on my computer and then save it,does the backup update the text document in the backup?

4)How does the File History feature work,please cover it in full extent?

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
1) PC has to be on in order for backup to run. If it's off and backup is missed, it will run the next time you log into your computer.

2) Unless you set up the job as a "Mirror", data you delete locally will not be deleted on the backup.

3) Yes, the backup will get the latest version that you worked on and back it up

4) File history explanation? You should use google my friend if you want a detailed explanation lol. For the most BASIC explanation, it will always keep a copy of any document you've worked and can be restored.

There is more to backing up however. Differential, Incremental, Mirror are just a few, and knowing what each does may help you with your backup.

Honestly, just because I have had bad experiences with Windows Backup as both a Home User and Systems Administrator, do some research and find a better back up solution. There are plenty of other backup software that's free that will perform better than Windows Backup. I personally have used AOMEI Backupper for years to backup all my media. The freeware one works great. Good luck!

Jun 9, 2018

How can i setup Mirror in Windows Backup?