HDMI connection too dark

Jun 28, 2018
Hi!
I have 2 connections from the video card: one VGA to the computer monitor and the other to the TV, HDMI.The monitor looks just fine, but when I want to watch a movie I change the output from the display settings. The problem is that the movies are too dark; I barely can see what's happening in a darker scene. I tried to change the color range from full to limited, but it makes no difference. I can see the difference between them only when using the monitor. Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!

Oh, I don't know if it helps but I use win10.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What happens when you're only connected to the TV over HDMI? How does it look?

Comparing VGA and HDMI is tough - VGA typically looks more 'washed out' etc, so a direct-comparison isn't really perfect.

Have you tried changing menu settings on the TV itself? If you're set to something like "cinema", then it may darken the image automatically.
Similarly, with a "power saving" feature turned on on the TV, you'd see darker images.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for the reply!
Using only HDMI doesn't change a thing.
Both "cinema" and "eco" settings are turned off.
While going through the settings I've found something like "black HDMI", which is grayed out. I searched through the "TV manual for idiots" and they say I cannot use it while connected to PC. Is this the setting I'm looking for or is it something else?