Games keep crashing with windows 10 sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon_horsemen

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
Hello,

i'm experiencing problems with games on my pc recently, at first i thought it was just skyrim, and ive played games without coming across this issue, however ive had the same crash with another game and now its more concerning.

The crash is a screen freeze as the windows 10 sound goes off. ("Da-ding"). its annoying because i have no idea where the freeze is coming from. sometimes i will have to turn off my computer by the tower because i cant access task manager.

I dont think its my hardware as my hardware is decent, i also have updated windows, and my graphic drivers via nivida experiance.

my specs are;

Gtx 1060 6gb
500gb SSD
intel core i5 4460 (near that atleast)
16gb ram

and the games im playing that get the crash are fairly old, skyrim and the sabotour.
im sure more games will probably add to the list aswell.

recently i have a "activate windows" on my display and my settings are telling me that windows 10 may be invalid, maybe this could be the problem since i get that windows 10 sound as it freezes. the freeze is instant.

Thank you for the help, i wonder if anyone is also getting this problem as i have a feeling its a new problem.

Hello Leon_horsemen

If you have installed latest Windows updates and have updated the graphics driver as well, non-activated Windows shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if you have installed Windows 10 1803 and haven't activated, and have not installed the latest updates, that could be the culprit.

Nevertheless, before going any further, i.e. if you're only testing Windows in its evaluation version, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.