will a gt 9800 sli fit in optiplex 780 mini tower without any performance issue??

Jun 20, 2018
will a nvidia geforce gt 9800 sli 512mb-256 bit fit in optiplex 780 mini tower.Right now my psu is weak its 255 watts but if i get to know this card fits then i will upgrade it so will it fit? remember sli edition.hope to get good anwers.thanks in advance..

mgallo848

Commendable
1: It will probably fit but I don't think your power supply will handle the extra power draw. The other possible problem is the power supply may be a "proprietary" one. Meaning, you could only replace it with one sold by Dell.

2: 9800GT is a very old card that isn't going to handle much (except games like Call Of Duty 4) I'm not even sure if it can handle something like Fortnite. What did you plan on doing with it?

The Opti 780MT can take an aftermarket PSU. Since the card needs a 6 pin PCIe cable you will need a different PSU. The 375W from a Dell T3400 will work.
I would apply the price of the PSU to a newer GPU that doesn't need one.
That card is at GT730 performance level. It's DX10, not DX11 like newer cards. GT1030 would be better. best card that fits is the Zotac GTX1050Ti Mini. But I will assume that's not where your budget is at.

Jun 20, 2018
hi i just want to buy this card for my bro o he can pass his time and he is not allowed to get even bigger card right now he just wanna play cod black ops,gta 5 at med,modern warfare 3,cod blck op2,dbz xv at med so thats why we r buying.i live in pakistan so dont know if i can get psu from official dell company or if its original.so cant i fit any 6 pin connector till 375 watts or 400 watts.plz help me in psu matter.just for question can i fit ocz stealthxstream 400 watts power supply.

Jun 20, 2018
so means the psu will work great and in youtube i saw some benchmarks of this card so will it perform in that same resolution shown from many benchmarks??

Quality is very important ( which is why I suggest Dell). Look for reviews on that PSU. Not from users but from people who run actual tests like Johhnyguru, or Tomshardware. 2 factors other than the Watts produced are is the power "clean" in other words is there ripple in the current or is it steady. This can damage parts in the computer and cuase mysterious failures. The other is will it shut down safely in the event of an overload. Bad ones can catch fire.
OCZ is a name brand, but not for PUs. They probably have those made for them, and without a test there's no teling what you will be getting.

There are 2 ways to have SLI. One is to have 2 cards that are compatible with each other. The other is to have a single card with 2 GPUs on it. Not all games, or benchmarks support SLI so in many situations it does nothing. SLI is when 2 graphics processors take turns displaying images on the screen. When you run an old GPU like the GT9800 you don't have the latest Direct X Version. This is a hardware issue and can't be updated.

True. The best solution would be a ZOTAC GTX1050 Mini 2GB that won't need a PSU swap. This will run anything. If the Gt9800 is 2 slots wide it won't fit anyway. The 400W PSU won't handle SLI either. Back in the day MB was either Nvidia SLI, or AMD Crossfire.
A built up Opti 780 MT would have a Q9650/9550 CPU, 12-16GB DDR3 RAM, and a Zotac GTX 1050TI Mini 4GB.
This is something a beginner could put together and have an entry level gaming computer. The RAM and GPU an move forward to a newer system later on.
You can see hwere the GT9800 rates here versus newer zGPUs.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html