Windows 10 - No user accounts

NickHouston

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I reinstalled windows recently bevause I was having issues with a possibly corrupted windows update. I couldn't fix it so I just decided a clean install is what I should do. I did that and was getting nothing but issues with games and programs like web browsers just randomly closing. After seeing one of them come back as a video card driver error I reinstalled that and got the same problems just without anything in my event viewer. So I decided to reinstall windows again because I don't have $150 lying around to take it to a shop. Well, the install of windows completely skipped over the initial account setup so I am staring at a business-like screen asking for a username and password. I don't have these as I was not given an option to make an account.

Now I can't log in to my machine at all. I don't have any user accounts set up so I don't have any way of even getting past the login screen.

Specs:

ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
i7-6700k

NickHouston

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks guys,

I wasn't sure if I could install over an OS I had no access to or just brute force my way in.

Luckily I backed up anything from my boot drive onto all of my 3 storage drives and to my external just in case this happened.

I'll find my windows 10 flash drive tomorrow morning but I can definitely do that. I've been "reinstalling" via window's built in repair/troubleshooting. It gave me an option to "clean install" which I'm guessing isn't actually as clean as I though and it's probably not helping my case here. I know better for next time...

I'll update you guys when I get my hands on install flash drive.