Cooler Master Centurion 5 Modding Adventures! Need help!

Afford

Commendable
Jul 17, 2017
Hey,

Ive just trash picked a Cooler Master Centurion 5, which is a really nice case, and ive decided to do it up, and make some modifications to it. Please do not advise me to not upgrade this case as I am dead set on doing it as I love the look of the case and I feel it has some real potential. I am also comepletely aware that this will probably cost more the buying a new case, and I a quite Here is a list of the mods I want to do:

• Add new fan mounts on the front, and top of the case.*
    Add new cable routing options (maybe some rubber grommets)
    Remove some of the 5.25 in bays and move the HDD tray up (or maybe even get rid of it entirely!)
    Replace the Front IO with USB 3.0 and other more relevant things*
    Fix the warped 5.25 in covers on the front of the case
    Install a glass side panel (I already have the glass from a printer I scrapped out for boards)
    Put a nice coat of matte black paint over everything, with some orange highlights*
    Remove rust from expansion slots and screws, and replace any missing screws*
    If I completely remove the HDD tray, add a 2.5 in and a 3.5 in place for me to put my hard drives
    (anything with a * next to it means i'm going to say more below)
* For the front, I would like two 120/140 mm fans, and maybe even a radiator if it possible. On top just 1 120mm fan because the power supply is top mounted. Regarding the power supply, if I make a grate at the op, and face the power supply fan up through the grate, will it exhaust air, or should it face the other way?
* Can you jus buy new ones? Please link if you can.
* For the paint, I am going to coat the whole thing except th front panel in this matt black paint: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rust-Cost-Epoxy-Enamel-Metal-Protection-Paint-Spray-Paint-Can-Painting-300gm/182673563486?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=485223974767&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 would that be bad?
* Do I need to use a certain rust remover, or can I remove rust without buying anything?

If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks

Afford

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Enjoy the project.

Just FYI, PSUs typically suck cool air into the power supply and exhaust the hot air out the back. If you flip over and use a grate, as suggested, it will pull cool air from outside the case and exhaust it out the back. This is how many bottom mounted PSUs flow air now as well.

Afford

Commendable
Jul 17, 2017

Thanks,

Ill definitely use the grate. I was considering flipping the whole motherboard tray around, but I feel that's a little too much, considering all the other upgrades I am planning on making.