Win10 Does not Detect Second Monitor

bobbo123

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
If only hdmi port used, pc works fine. If only dvi port used, pc works fine. If both ports used, they are mirrors of each other with hdmi being the only screen detected, therefore I cannot extend the hdmi screen to the dvi ported screen. I did "quick install" of latest gigabyte drivers but the display driver in device manager still shows the generic Microsoft driver installed as "the best driver" for my system. I suspect I just need the latest driver but it doesn't install from the gigabyte motherboard install dvd nor from the internet....so, I'm stuck....like so many others.

I want to try uninstalling the generic driver but am afraid I might have no video without a driver and therefore no way to tell the pc to install from the gigabyte install disk???

Gigabyte z3730 board with tech support taking 3 days to answer. I am using the on board graphics...both digital.

This is a fresh install of a "Not Activated" win 10 Home, 64 bit system. Version 1803 on Build 17134.112 d/l from the Microsoft website. I get no notice the system cannot be "personalized" when trying to add second monitor....but could this be an issue anyway?

Thanks, bobbo

Wolfshadw

Titan

^=== This.

Once you have the Settings --> Display window open, scroll down to Multiple Displays and select, "Extend desktop to this display".

-Wolf sends

bobbo123

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Moderator & Wolfe: widows + P does not function. The second monitor while on and mirroring the primary display is not "detected" so no settings are available.

caqde: EXACTLY CORRECT! worked like a charm without issue. Even set the two monitors up as extended...just what I wanted. I tried gigabyte and Microsoft and "the internet" with no joy. Never thought to go to the Intel website....do you have a beer fund or favorite charity I can contribute too? ………….. It will be fun to see what gigabyte tech support comes up with. I will politely give them your link. Thanks again.

bobbo123

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Quick followup. Without the Intel driver, if I connected the vga video port my system would not boot and just show black screens on all three monitors. WITH the Intel driver: everything working just as it should. So...I do have one analogue and two digital monitors all extended off my vga monitor. Gigabyte Tech support told me I could not run analogue at the same time as the digital monitors. did take a few minutes to find the correct "default" sound settings to get the primary monitor speakers to work. IRRITATING....I have to switch default sound sources between my two computer screens and the third monitor which is hdmi to my big screen tv. Why can't two sources be set as default????

Also noted: I installed the free Classic Start Shell and it gave some Win 7 look and feel....but with the Intel Driver....It feels exactly like Win 7 now. I am a happy camper.

bobbo123

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Wolfshadw: Works perfectly now....thanks. Looks like Win10 actually did fix a few bugs??? Would have taken me some time to find those drop down menus on my own.

Gee....with 100% exact answers....maybe I should review all my old questions? Ha, ha: I am hoping the very frustrating loss of saved videos will stop now with the latest and greatest OS. When you KNOW you recorded a show and you no longer have it. My fingers are crossed. …………….. Thanks again.