How do you Install drivers during Windows 10 *Clean Installation*?

ScornSnakeX

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Computer
Alienware Aurora R3

My computer came with Windows 7, but since upgraded to Windows 10 a few years back but of course not without trouble. The problem is with the BIO not technically compatible with Windows 10 because DELL refuse to update it.

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 (upgrade, NOT clean install)
You start the upgrade as normal
Once PC starts to install windows 10 (will go to 30%)
Computer restarts, you need to shut it off via power button (during the alienhead/bios loadup)
Computer starts again, and windows install to 60%ish, computer restarts, power off via power button again.
Computer will now complete to 100% windows installation.
Then you install Intel Chipset driver and Renesas USB3 drivers or computer will hang/freeze when you do a warm reboot.

Now I would like to do a **Clean Install of Windows 10** because I would like to put windows on my SSD, rather then my mechanical drive (where its currently installed)

How do I install drivers (intel chipset and Renesas USB3)during fresh window install so Windows 10 install can complete succesfully?

Solution
On the disk selection screen there is a load driver button.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1401617/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-and-create-boot-media/page/0/1
4.png

Download the drivers beforehand uncompress them and put them on a usb drive press the load driver button and select the usb drive.

ScornSnakeX

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016

Thank you for your help, just had a question to be clear on what I need to do. You say to uncompress the drivers before I put them on my USB, I use Renesas_Integrated-USB-3-0_A00_R286402.exe to install driver. Do I need to look for the driver in my windows folder, and copy that file or something?

You can take this file an uncompress it with the free 7zip software(or any software you might already have like winrar winzip) ,it's just an self extracting file that automatically runs the installer so you don't have to search for a decompression software.

Dec 8, 2018
HI

When I first format my computer then I have trouble with a driver installation.

Here is details problem which I face, I think it seems similar to you.

1. My video Quality is not playing well.
2. High-Resolution file is not working so I update my driver.

I update my driver from online driver updater, It will update all your file.