DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0, does it affect performance ?

Jul 3, 2018
hello
I have Dual (SLI) Titan X Pascal. Three connections (Display) connect to three monitors (surround). Current

Vive connected to HDMI slot. If I buy Vive Pro, how can I connect it to the PC, since it only has Displayport?

so I need an adapter to convert DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0
so my question here is does it affect gaming experience ?

Thanks

Solution
Well, if you're referring to framerate, the cable interface has no impact on how many frames the GPU can generate. The conversion is performed by the adapter, not the GPU.

If you're talking about latency, I've tested many adapters including more complex conversions like DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI, and the latency difference compared to a straight cable has always been too small to detect (no more than 1–2 ms at the most).
Well, if you're referring to framerate, the cable interface has no impact on how many frames the GPU can generate. The conversion is performed by the adapter, not the GPU.

If you're talking about latency, I've tested many adapters including more complex conversions like DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI, and the latency difference compared to a straight cable has always been too small to detect (no more than 1–2 ms at the most).

Solution