Cant enter my password at login screen [2018]

itcsr

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hi there,

I saw a lot of posts and solutions before typing this,
I was trying to fix my internet connection setting on my pc and was doing it based on a post where they suggested disabling all of my startup applications might resolve it. I disabled them all and tried restarting my PC. when it booted up, I couldn't see the prompt to enter my password.

Even if I typed it in and press enter nothing happens.. I tried restoring my PC from previous version but it didn't show the backup that I made, tried start up recovery, nothing as well.. Tried entering in safe mode but it loaded up like a normal mode.. still no login prompt..

I have another windows partition on the same device, can I use it to undo the settings I previously made or fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

t53186

Distinguished
Disabling all startup applications contributed to the problem.
How did you try the restore..you can only restore when logged on to the account that the restore was created, as it contains information about the users.
This other windows partition cannot be used to restore from.

Try booting from a USB containing windows 10 and perform the repair.

itcsr

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

I restarted my device and pressed F8 I selected troubleshoot and the restore, however my restore my point wasn't showing so I couldn't proceed with that.. I'm leaning towards trying the USB repair . hope it wont effect my files